Who is the PPCsmith?
Hello! My name is Lorelle Smith. As a Smith, I wear several hats besides PPCsmith. As The Keywordsmith I help small-biz website owners get their sites listed for free in Google by optimizing for search engines (SEO). As Websmith Pro, my original business started back in 1998, my passion is helping small businesses establish or revamp their web presence.
As PPCsmith my job is to help small Google pay-per-click (PPC) advertisers to get only valid clicks and only at the lowest cost, while avoiding paying extra for all the hidden Google Gotchas
If you’ve got one of those Google coupons for $100 and figure it’s not going to cost you anything to try out Google PPC, you may be in for a surprise. Without specialized knowledge of the right way to set up an ad campaign, you’re going to spend a lot more than you anticipate. When Google starts charging your credit card (sometimes not until $200 of click charges has accrued) there goes your advertising budget.
Don’t set up and run your own PPC ad campaign unless you know:
- How to check for click fraud
- How to tell whether paid visits pay off
- What to deselect in the default campaign settings
- The box you need to checkmark before you research keywords
- All about broad match, phrase match, exact match, and negative match
- The difference between a display URL and a destination URL
- The optimal number of ads
- Whether to set up a new promotion as a campaign or an ad group
- …and more!
And those are just a few of the things you need to know to avoid sticker shock at Google AdWords.
You’ll need to either take the time to learn OR hire someone.
I look forward to talking with you about your PPC ad campaign projects!
Lorelle R. Smith